4Ever Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4Ever Stars

Brining you information on schools and various activities...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The future depends on what we do in the present.

- Mahatma Gandhi

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

- Epictetus
Top posters
Kris
Fiat RP - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFiat RP - Page 2 I_voting_barFiat RP - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Rin
Fiat RP - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFiat RP - Page 2 I_voting_barFiat RP - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Han
Naomi
Poll

Fiat RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Westwood grinned. It wasn't him. It was one of the lap dog nobles who wish to gain favor.

"Uh... The point is valid. The young heir is of marrying age," said a inconspicuous noble. "Though it is unorthodox, there is no limit on the age difference between a couple in Fiat. Since Lord Westwood recently lost his respected wife, I move that Rinmarrylordwestwood" The last part was said quickly out of fear for Rin.

Another "lap dog" replied, "Lord Westwood will be a great KING and guide Rin...."

Lord Westwood tried to suppress a laugh. This is what those worthless nobles came up with? Weak... But he said, "I have no objection..." It was worth a try.

Han saw everything clearly now. The desire for power was obvious. Rather than wait for Rin's inevitable reply of repugnance, Han decided to step into the action.

He feigned a laugh, "Why Lord Westwood, with all this an ignorant one would assume that you are trying to usurp the throne." Phrased like a joke, Han nevertheless sent a hint implying he knows....

Westwood was taken aback. This old man knew politics. Unlike Rin, who spoke her mind, Han spoke via hints. He cared about the all important image of tolerance and calmness in politics.

"It is a mere suggestion, sir" replied Westwood, "I only wish to aid the young Queen and if she wishes...."
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Mika quickly resheathed her knives and went on her way. She had no time to waste. It had taken her long enough to trace Sora here.

Now where was the Information Center? she thought to herself. She instinctively reached for the winds, but fear made her withdraw her reach. She wouldn't use it again. Mika began considering walking back to ask the young page where she could find the Information Center when she sensed a familiar magic.

Rei? she thought. But no, this magic gave off a calmer feel, making her relax. She headed in the direction of the magic user. It couldn't be... could it?

Sora held back a whistle. The boy's entire back and upper arms had been burnt badly. He doubted anyone lesser than a great mage could fix this. He gulped. How could he, newly risen to the ranks, help this boy. But he had to be strong. The child was depending on him.

Besides, it's all about the ability, not the title he thought to himself.

He took a deep, soothing breath and carefully spun a complex web of magic. Sending it into the boy, he began the process of regeneration.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Sora didn't know how much time passed- he tended to lose track while he was working his magic, but a light touch on him arm informed him that the nurses were carting the boy away.

"How is he?" Sora asked.

"It's a miracle, doctor. He will never be a warrior, the tissue was too damaged, but he will live a long and healthy life."

Sora breathed a sigh of relief. So he was a great mages, eh? He laughed to himself. That was Rei's dream- to be a warrior mage. He didn't care about titles. He only wanted to heal... and wash clean the past.

"So you're a healer now?"

Sora flinched at the bitter voice. "Mika," he said without turning around. "So you're the one father sent."

"I came of my own free will," Mika said stiffly. "Soran Ra Tamaran."

"Nobody's called me that in a while," Sora said. He paused, and then added. "In fact, I had forgotten all about it up to half a year ago or so. I think that knife contained some venom that clouds the mind. Some priests got it out of my system before it could kill me, but I lost my memories- consequently, my 'essence' if you would call it."

"No wonder we couldn't trace you."

Unsure of what to make of her tone, Sora finally gave in to the temptation to look at his cousin and was hit with the stunning image of his sister, only softer and more ladylike. Her face remained impassive. He frowned. He was used to reading people's faces.

"Go home," he said at last. "I'm not interested in being my father's heir."

"Then who else will take over the country!" she exclaimed. Lowering her voice she said, "Do you think you can escape the bonds of blood?"

"I can try," he said.

"Master Sora, another patient has come." A nurse walked up to them and handed Sora a folder with the patient's information.

"I'll be there in a minute," he said. "Just let me flip through this and walk this lady to the door."

"Yes, master."

The nurse walked off, and Sora turned to Mika.

"I can walk myself to the door," she hissed. "But don't think this is the last you've seen of me.

Sora opened the folder and started. Why had he been summoned to the conference meeting? He was only a healer mage...

Outside, Mika found herself wondering to the same place where she had almost been hit with the arrow. The page was still there. "You aren't a boy, are you?" she asked.

Shock flickered across her face momentarily. It had almost been like the words were pulled out of her mouth, as if the wind had called upon her to speak.

But only great-grandmother had had the Ayre Sight...
Back to top Go down
http://4everstars.niceboards.net
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Rin really wished she could be like Han. Calm, analytical, politically shrewd- but she wasn't. Rin was by no doubts intelligent enough to play the political game, but (probably due to her young age), she lacked the patience.

The paper whooshed into flames in her hand. and Rin's face was illuminated by flames for a moment as ashes crumpled onto the table.

"I will not be your wife! Never bring that suggestion up again, you old, fat, bristle-faced bloody asshole!" Rin shouted, slamming both hands on the table and leaving scorch marks. "If my father were alive, he would have you beheaded for such an idea. How dare you- you only lost your wife two months ago, you're an unfaithful greedy manwhore- and I wouldn't marry you if the choice was between you and...like, someone from the Black Hand!" Breathing smoke much like a dragon does, Rin sat back down, glaring at Westwood.

Cool, calm, collected like a pool of water... Oh, screw it. Water was for people like Law. But then, it would be a really bad political move for her to incinerate Westwood, so she fought the impulse.

She was about to reach across the table for the next issue, when the door to the conference hall suddenly opened. Rin spun around, scowling and ready to burn the servant alive, but relaxed when she saw that it was a mage.

What?! Val nearly dropped her arrow in shock. Was the young noble talking to- was she talking to him? After a while, Val had begun to think of herself as a young man.

Val looked around cautiously, wondering if there was anyone else in the courtyard. Nope, just him. What. The. Eff.

"Are you alright?" Val asked Mika politely, restringing her bow. "There's nobody in the courtyard but me. There's a fever catching this autumn- do you feel okay?"
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Sora didn't bother knocking. It wasted precious seconds that could be spent saving lives. As a healer mage with much experience with the struggle of life and eventual death, he had grown accustomed to dealing with the healthy living's complaints.

He was about to announce himself when he found many pairs of blazing eyes suddenly upon him, the most brilliant of all being the young queen's.

A perfect, living example of just one of the many reasons he had left his homeland. When a child has power, those greedy for power and favors will swarm around the child like bees to honey (or pollen, rather), he thought.

Automatically, he sent his magic out in a soothing rhythm like the deep ocean. Pulsing slowly, his magic subtly bathed the room in a deep calm. Only when he felt that the room had relaxed did he speak.

"I was summoned to this meeting," he said softly. "Unfortunately, I was left with no name, only the Seal of State."

To tell the truth, a servant had been alarmed by the rising noise level coming out of the conference room, which was not perfectly sound proof because the nobles were afraid that someone would betray them and slaughter them all before the guards could come to the rescue, had sent a notice to the Head Healer (meaning Sora, who had risen in rank since his boyhood days). He couldn't turn down a notice to protect his queen and those who "aided" her in ruling the country. Some sound advice the lot gave. They were all greedy for power. He could read it in their auras. Even the old man Han was present out of curiosity, though Sora knew he could be trusted in a bind.

"I am perfectly fine," Mika said. "The winds carry all diseases away from me except for the small amount necessary to help my body develop an immune system. I am rather curious by your cross-dressing. I've only seen one other person dress as a man, but she was never afraid to let people know her true nature."
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 am

"Mhm... But, THAT does NOT excuse your using magic on the counsel," said Westwood said to the Sora, whose calming spell was the only reason Westwood attacked immediately.

"As good as your intentions were," the Lord continued, "Fiat law article 14 section 2 clearly states that magic against a government official is a crime. Any violent/nonviolent response is justified. Meaning you are lucky to still be alive."

Han, who had been already calm, was not affected by the spell. "Why, it's Sora. We entered the gate together. Remember? I was wondering what happened to you.... Almost a year now..."
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 pm

"Article 16 Section 3 of the Nobles' Agreement states that Healer mages have permission to break this law to treat injuries and mediate disagreements... and I believe that under current circumstances, I have the right to do just that," Sora replied calmly. "Do not think that just because I am a healer that I am unlearned in Fiat law." Bemusement flickered across his face. "Master Khar," he said, naming his teacher and the Head Healer before him, "was correct when he said I would need to learn law alongside medicine. Then again, he's always right."

Master Khar had retired three months ago to 'see the world'. Deeming Sora powerful and knowledgable enough, he had his last student to take his place.

"Master Han," Sora said pleasantly. "How can I forget the one who attempted to set me up as the one would disturbed the underground aquifer?"

He glanced around at the irritated nobles. At least, they didn't look like they were about to spout flames anymore. "But enough reminiscing, don't we have a meeting to run?"

With that, Sora settled himself in a chair partly hidden within the shadows of a corner- the Healer's Corner, it was sometimes called. He smoothed his white robes and glanced up, waiting for someone else to take the floor.
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Healers: They are the same everywhere. Sassy with an arrogant air of self important. Han like that, which was why his closest friend had been the Gyte Empire Head Healer. Even though Sora is rather young...

"Set you up? What do you mean? I know no magic. It was you that set ME up and made young Val distrust me over you. But it's ok, I forgive you. Young people make mistakes after all," said Han with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 pm

"Oh, it's you." Rin still sounded rather annoyed as Sora walked into the room and sat down in a chair. She was still irritated and very much ready to burn to crisp anyone who annoyed her. That was a problem with Rin that had always frustrated her parents, the Master Mage, Law, and all of the healers. The girl was way too headstrong and aggressive; Watyr magic did nothing to nullify her anger. Probably because the innate control of fire running through her veins automatically evaporated it.

She sighed and rolled her eyes as Sora and Lord Westwood began to bicker over the law. Westwood is such a belligerent, arrogant fool... "I think you're all forgetting that Article One, Section One of the Nobles' Agreement states that during a government conference, the word of the King or Queen holds presidence over all others. So I move that you should all shut up and we should get on with the meeting." She said flatly, reaching across the table for the third bill. "And Westwood, I'll thank you not to effing attack MY mages when they haven't done anything wrong." As Queen of Fiat and Fire Master, Rin had authority over every mage in Fiat.

Besides the ones who shouldn't be mages.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Sora studied Han carefully, wondering if he should respond. At last, he said, "I had no reason to turn the page against you. Healers... proper healers," he corrected himself, "do not give rise to anger, but peace."

He turned back to Lord Westwood. "It's dangerous, a liability," the man was saying. He began blabbering about some law or the other, and Sora found himself in a position where he had to respond or be put in danger of being found a thread to the noblemen- and women- of the country.

Consequently, Sora found himself strangely relieved when the queen exerted her right to preside over all others. He had almost given up hope of salvation- for he knew no nobleman liked being influenced by a common mage without permission, even in a life or death situation.

Sometimes, he wanted to shut them up by exposing himself as the prince... crown prince, now... of the great Eastern country of Delmar. But he always ended up staying quiet about his birth. He was needed most as a healer, not a ruler, in this world.

"So where were we before I came in?" he asked.

Mika was still waiting for Val's response when she saw Sora crossing the lawn to the main castle building. What is he doing here? Shouldn't he be tending to patients?

Without another word, she tailed him. Instinctively, she grabbed Val along with her. It wasn't until she was hiding behind the wall watching Sora enter the meeting room that she realized the cross-dresser was still with her.

What the--? Merciful goddess, what have I done? I thought she was Rei for a moment there... She had always been dragging Rei to safety as a child.
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:04 pm

"Well," said Han, "We were looking for a husband for Rin. He must have status, though. However, Rin have ruled out Lord Westwood. And nobody in Fiat seems to want Rin... Soooo... Tell me Sora, are there any bachelor aristocrats in your native land? I'm afraid I have no suggestion from my homeland of Gyte."

Westwood became irately annoyed. Now that Rin rejected him, this meeting is getting nowhere. Nowhere that served him a purpose anyways. Then he realized something: Han was continuing the topic on purpose. Han DIDN'T want the meeting to go anywhere.

Han and Westwood both reached a conclusion within minutes of each other. This meeting, or if necessary any future meetings, will inevitably lead to one thing: civil war. Westwood and Rin can not coexist.

Han knew he must stall for time.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Sora's eyes widened.

Several eligible men flickered through his mind. There was his old friend Erik of Peryn, a young nobleman with the intelligence and wit necessary to back Rin's fiery temper. His sister Rei had been planning on making him the official strategist of the kingdom. Through various connections, he knew Erik was quickly rising in court favor. Harris was an earth knight, calm and stable- a good strategist, fit to command the armies. He had been close to Rei. Feng, Kirk, Lorry... everyone reminded him of his sister.

Still...

"No, I cannot think of anyone who would answer a poor Healer Mage's call to grace the presence of our noble queen," Sora smirked. "I do come from the far East, so far east that our noble queen has never heard of my homeland. Speaking of our noble queen, I doubt she would want an aristocrat of a country unbeknownst to her courting her favor, now would she?"

Well, they'd come if he revealed his identity and requested their presence, but Sora wasn't planning on giving away his background anytime soon.

"But I could try," Sora said, realizing Han's purpose in returning to the topic. "In fact, I think that it is of utmost importance that we quench our noblemen's fears and find a proper partner to rule alongside our noble queen! Yes, let us discuss this until we have found a solution that will satisfy everyone present!"

As long as I'm not involved, I couldn't care less what happens, Sora thought. His only concern here is as a a servant of the kingdom...
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:02 am

"Wait, what?" Rin sounded supremely irritated. "Hey, everyone, how about getting this meeting into order?" The slight queen stood up, which didn't do much to increase her height, but Rin was too annoyed to really care.

"You. Westwood. Shut up about the mage, you're making me irritated. Han, can we please get off the subject of me being married? There are plenty of girls out there older than me who aren't even married yet. And mage..." Rin glared at Sora, but the look in her eyes softened suddenly for a reason Rin didn't even know. At least, it only took a second to figure out.

Is it just me...or does this Healer look a hell lot like Law? He had the same calm expression, the alliance to Watyr...Rin shook the thought out of her mind.

"Right. Mage, you're not a noble; you're only here to keep things...safe, so stop talking and get back in your seat." Rin wouldn't have been so rude if it weren't for the things that the mage and Han were saying. What the eff is wrong with these guys? Han and Sora want to sit here for as long as possible? I want to get out and go practice magic... Although she was brilliant in her studies, Rin didn't know enough to figure out the conclusion Han had come to- that she had to stall for time. To her, Westwood was effing annoying, but not a real threat.

"This meeting is getting out of hand." Rin stated. "I propose we all take a break for lunch and them come back." Glaring around to see if anyone would challenge her presidency, she left the room. "Come on, gramps, I want to talk to you."

She waited until they were out in the hallway to address Han, the look in her eyes blazing. "What is wrong with you?! I don't want to get married! What good would it do Fiat, anyways?"

Val was supremely shocked as she found herself being dragged towards the palace- was this woman insane? First she accused her of being a girl- which was true, but she shouldn't know that. And now she was dragging her somewhere? Val wrestled free and took a step back.

"What are you doing?" She asked loudly, crossing her arms.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:40 am

Blinking, Sora stood up and stretched. From the queen's angry expression, she could tell that she and the old scholar weren't on the same page.

Maybe the lunch break is for the better, he thought. They can regroup and plan.

Having nothing better to do, he followed the old man. He just might be able to convince him to leave him out of the marriage mess. He didn't want anything to do with his home country.

Rei and him had made a promise...

He would have nothing to do with running any kingdom. He was a healer.

Val's loud voice brought Mika out of her reverie. "Huh? What? Oh, I am so sorry. I thought you were someone else for a moment."

Mika looked back at the door through which Sora had entered. She wanted desperately to follow him... She bit her lip.

"Sorry, I need to follow that healer," she said at last. "Just some advice, it's fine to dress as a guy, but why hide your gender? It's a part of you- there's nothing to be ashamed of."

She turned and ran into the building.
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 am

Happy to be out of the meeting and back in Rin's familiar office, Han said, "You are trapped Rin and you don't even realize it. Do you really not see where this is going? It should have been a primary issue to be dealt with the day you took power, but now the problem dragged on too long..."

Han could really see no way out of the inevitable battle. And he could see that Westwood would probably win...
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 am

"What are you talking about?" Rin whirled on the old scholar, crossing her arms. "Westwood is annoying, but still- he's only a member of Parliament, he can't do anything without my permission, especially making me marry someone. What are you so worried about? And what's with this obsession of marrying me off?"

Val stared after Mika in confusion. "Wait- what?!" She found herself running after Mika, both alarmed and confused. How did Mika know she was a girl? And why was she running into the castle without permission? Oh, right...I'm supposed to be GUARDING it! "Hey, come back, you lunatic!"
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:58 am

"And WHY" said Han emphatically, "do you assume that Westwood needs your permission at all?"
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 am

"Because I'm the Queen of Fiat." Rin said, sounding frustrated. "Duh..."
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 am

"That's what I'd like to know as well," Sora agreed with Rin's first comment, walking in casually. He felt Han's pointed remarks gave him the right to enter. He wanted to know what was going on when it happened.

"About Westwood, he's power hungry. I've seen many of his kind. He will not hesitate to move for power if he knows he can get it. You may be queen, but you're just a brat in his eyes, and. You. Don't. Know. Anything. About. Politics."

Mika found herself running without direction. Where was Sora headed? Shouldn't he be in the hospital? I wasted so much time with the guard already...

Looking around her, Mika found herself in the same area Han had taken her to meet the queen. It appeared that her feet had guided her here... Sora. She glanced at the open door and saw him standing in the doorway. Did he have connections here?

Footsteps rang behind her. Oh no. Sora will see.... Clasping a hand over the guard's mouth, she dragged Val with her around the corner.

"Shhh..." she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 am

"I do too know about politics!" Rin said, resisting the impulse to push Sora angrily. Stupid mage, inserting himself into a meeting when he isn't wanted! "What's up with you two and this sudden ridicule of me? I've run Fiat for ten freaking years now; don't tell me what I have to do!"

But running a country and playing the political game are two different things, Rin.

"Shut up, Law." she muttered.

"So what if Westwood is power hungry? I'm stronger than he is. AND I have the mages on my side. Why should I be worried, and how is me getting married in any way relevant to all of this?" Rin demanded.

"No, you tell me what the crap is going on!" Val wrenched the hand off of her mouth and drew a dagger, holding it to Mika's throat. Too bad...you don't look like a threat to the Queen, but you're certainly acting like it. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave the castle." Val said. "Now."
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:17 am

Crystal's Post (since she can't access this site right now):

"Politics isn't a game, your majesty," Sora said, resisting the urge to spread his calming influence. It would only annoy the queen. "It... some people will blackmail someone into an agreement or kill children to get what they want. But you should know that."

Sora brushed his hair out of his eyes wearily. "You were pushed into a position of much power when you were a child. It's a surprise you've managed to keep this country together for so long. Actually, I am inclined to think that trouble is brewing. It just hasn't come together yet. You need to find people loyal to you and put together forces. Han is correct in presuming that a political alliance with another country would stabilize your power and give more weight to your words."

Political alliance... his eyes flickered to Han. An eligible bachelor of noble breeding would only serve to feed Fiat's pockets. What the young queen needed was someone of royal breeding to gain the support of another country. Preferably, she would need someone from a powerful country.

A country like Delmar, which was the most powerful country in the East.

Did the old man really not know who he was?

Mika watched Val cautiously.
"I told you already I'm interested in the healer. He's my cousin, and I've been searching for him a long time," she replied coolly. "Besides, the conversation going on inside seems interesting."

The wind carried the words going on inside to them, soft enough that a normal passing human wouldn't hear it but loud enough for two Ayre mages.

Mika twisted the breeze in her hands. "It wouldn't do to let this get to another Ayre mage."

It doesn't count as breaking my vow if I'm only handling air, right?
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:19 am

Han was silently grateful. Sora had broken all the ugly sounding truths to Rin. Han did not want to say such things so candidly himself. Now that the tone has been set, Han can be a bit more harsh.

"That's exactly it Rin. All you have is a title. Westwood is the former general. All the Fiat's army, including most of the mages, will be more loyal to him having served under him. And about your being stronger than him... How do you know he's not a mage? He has been a general. He must be able to fight, magic does now have to be obvious. How many wars have you led, Rin? How many has Westwood?" Han paused to take a breath.

"In experience, in influence, in power you are inferior to him in every way. You are only here because you are the King's daughter, nothing else. Your position has not been usurped because Westwood fears that some nobles were still loyal to King Hyperion. However, by the looks of the other nobles today, I'm pretty positive he has converted many of them to his side if not all. You.." Han stopped..

In a softer tone he said, "You are a puppet Rin... Ever since your father's death, Westwood had probably been plotting this. You ran the country, maybe, but Westwood held all the REAL power. He's been letting you go on to ensure the peace in Fiat-the kingdom he plans to usurp. This is not original. You can find many cases like this in history. A child monarch losing power happens every century if not more often. Usually, the young ruler can not prevent it.... I'm sorry, Rin... Even history is against you..."

Han chose to ignore the part about the political alliance. Westwood would have warned all Fiat allies by now to not interfere. To start sending ambassadors to other countries is a useless idea. Unless the is another one already here...
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:42 am

Rin stared at Han, stunned. It took a moment for his words to sink in. She didn't even- couldn't even- generate an adequate flame to demonstrate her irritation. "What...goddamnit..."

She stared out the window, thoughts racing through her head. Westwood...oh my God, I can't believe I didn't see that before; I'd taken the Parliament for granted up until now, I thought I was just doing a good job of running Fiat...Old Gramps is right, I'm only here because I'm the King's daughter...

"Westwood can't be allowed to run Fiat." Rin said flatly, crossing her arms. "He'd turn it into a military dictatorship the moment he overthrows me." That much she knew. She had studied Westwood's military tactics. The man was brutal. "So."

She began to think furiously, considering her options. "I could challenge Westwood to a duel," she said, thinking out loud. "But if what you said is true, he's probably a Mage too...I know the Mages of Fiat are on my side, though, at least the younger ones are; I don't know so much about the soldiers, I've never really used them...but then, we'll definitely need more reinforcements. Could we...do you think we could call on the Black Hand?" She asked Han wonderingly. "But even they might not be enough- what other option is there, Gramps?"
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:47 am

"Military dictatorship... Bad, yes... But tell me Rin, is this kingdom not one already? It is controlled by a group of elites with you or Westwood as the dictator. You enforce your power by might. No, Rin. That is also a fact you must learn. The "good guys" never win. It is the strong that wins. Right now, dictatorship or not, Westwood is the most powerful," said Han.

"The Black Hand... There's two problems with that. One, you and Ipsus agreed that the Black Hand will not set foot in the main part of Fiat for two generations. Two, well look at this map. The area we occupy is at the southern most part of Fiat. Thus, the palace is in juxtaposition with the Gate from which I, and all foreigners, enter. However, this leaves all the middle and northern parts to Westwood. Ipsus is in the extreme northern mountains. You two are separated in case of battle. Westwood controls most of Fiat. Between you and Ipsus, you control two extremes. It is impossible for you two armies to meet up without alerting Westwood." explained Han.

The Map is reproduced below:
I-Ipsus/Mountains, R-Rin, W-Westwood

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR(GATE)RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 am

"Here's an idea," Sora suggested. "Create cause for a fake celebration, one that everyone in Fiat will will invited to attend. You can then even bring in third parties to aid you in establishing your control over the kingdom without giving the other party cause to oppose. Sure, they'll probably be on the alert- unless they're brainless fools, which we can't hope for- but, again, it's politics. Deceit, betrayal, and the ultimate struggle for power."

Sora shrugged. "People like parties, and happy people make easier-to-convert-to-your-side people. It also gives you an excuse to have your people mingle and spread propaganda- to speak bluntly."
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Han replied, "Even if you ally with the Black Hand, you still have less troops than Westwood. Keep in mind that the Black Hand has not been able to conquer the Fiat army in the past and is not able to now. The fact stands that you can not win a classical war by numbers or power. Only strategy and that is such a precarious factor...."

Then he said, "You know Rin... There is a third option. Why not just GIVE the throne to Westwood. You can be a figure head for the nation, a celebrity. You will only be losing the governing power. Since you are of the Hyperion line, Westwood would pamper you still like royalty to satisfy the citizens who remain loyal to the Hyperion family. You would still live a luxurious life with much freedom. Even less stress than your current situation. It's not a bad outcome at all Rin... Dolls are worth little but they are adored..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fiat RP
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next