4Ever Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4Ever Stars

Brining you information on schools and various activities...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The future depends on what we do in the present.

- Mahatma Gandhi

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

- Epictetus
Top posters
Kris
Fiat RP - Page 3 I_vote_lcapFiat RP - Page 3 I_voting_barFiat RP - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Rin
Fiat RP - Page 3 I_vote_lcapFiat RP - Page 3 I_voting_barFiat RP - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Han
Naomi
Poll

Fiat RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:04 pm

"No, Gramps." Rin said sharply. "That's not an option. A life as a figurehead with no real power is...I couldn't let somebody else rule Fiat. If I couldn't rule, I'd be lost." The expression on her face changed. "I mean- that's all I've ever done or been trained to do. If I didn't run the nation anymore..what would I do?"

Her face hardened. "And besides, Westwood would not be a good ruler. I may enforce some thing with the military now, but we hold votes. But Westwood...did you see what he did to the little women and children when we invaded Isle Yeres? Burned them alive in their homes- Westwood would rule with an iron fist and I won't subject my people to that. So get that thought out of your mind."

"As for the Black Hand...I created that treaty, I can just as easily break it again. Besides, if the Black Hand helps me, I'll give them access to any settlement in Fiat and they'll become part of this country as opposed to exiles. I don't think Ipsus would refuse that and force his people to stay in the mountains. Besides, that's not such a bad setup; if you look at it from my perspective, we've actually got Westwood trapped in the middle- if we can get enough foreign troops to back us up from the gate."

She was about to snap at Sora again when she realized what he was saying had merit. "A party...you know, that's not such a bad idea. That could bring in a lot of ambassadors and provide the distraction to contact Ipsus. The question is, what would we throw it for?"
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:51 pm

"Better ask Han. He knows more about the culture here than I do." Sora shrugged. "But it's better to celebrate something that benefits the people, makes you seem more human to them. It could be from some national holiday or festival, a political alliance, or event."

Outside, Mika frowned. Where was this discussion going to? The guard wasn't saying anything, which made her nervous. She didn't know what to expect from this girl...
Back to top Go down
http://4everstars.niceboards.net
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Han frowned, "No National Holidays are coming up and Westwood won't let you make one because that would actually heighten you power. Festival? Suddenly calling one for no reason will be pretty suspicious... Political alliance... Like I said Westwood has all the possible alliance nations under HIS diplomacy... It has to be a big event from WITHIN. If only Law were still alive... Then we could have a wedding for Rin... As it is, we have nothing."
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 pm

"A wedding?" Rin pulled a face. But no matter which way you look at it...that's the only way to go.

"Yeah, that makes two of us." Rin said, referring to the comment about Law. "You know...we could just have a fake engagement party. That way I wouldn't have to get technically married, we'd still throw a festival, and we'd get a political alliance. I think. The question is to who." The more Rin thought over it, the better the idea seemed. She could "engage" someone and then never see their ugly mug again once she got rid of Westwood. Was it disingenuous? Perhaps. But anything for the people of Fiat.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:24 pm

"That wouldn't work," Sora said. "If you're having a wedding, you're having a wedding. The people would expect no less of you. If you're that desperate, why don't you get together a bunch of prospective suitors and hold a big celebration to welcome them. Show them around."

Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:43 pm

"The wedding idea has two problems. One, the standard procedure for wedding is the engagement celebration is held and the actual marriage is held a YEAR LATER due to formalities. Yes, we could get Ipsus here during the engagement, but Westwood would realize that he would have only one year before a King is put in place. Thus, if he had wanted to delay actions more than the given year, we would actually be hurrying him. Two, we don't have anybody for you to marry. Any ambassador is going to be blocked by Westwood. And Sora, nobody in Fiat want Rin. They know Westwood will kill her anyways. She has NO SUITORS. Thus, we would have to actually make a FAKE foreign aristocrat. How would we PROVE that? Very difficult..." said Han.

Han was quickly pondering how to make a fake aristocrat... Perhaps a fake royal jewel to prove the fake identity.... Han began remembering all the royal heirlooms mentioned in books... Then suddenly he remembered it. Sora's amulet. That's where he saw it! It was a crown jewel of Delmar!

Han looked towards the young man he so far had thought a common healer, "Say, Sora what happened to that nice amulet you were wearing when you entered the gate?" Han asked suspiciously. The truth was taking form in his mind...
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 pm

"What jewel?" asked Sora innocently. Damn. He had taken the risk that someone this far West would not be able to recognize his jewel, ornated as it was as an amulet he were around his neck. He would have ditched it long ago, but it was best suited to amplifying his Watyr abilities. And he was attached it it... "Why do you want to know about it? It's of no consequence to you."

He glanced at the queen out of the corner of his eyes and back at Han.
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Han spent many years looking at the faces and the determining the moods of his oppressors at labor camp. Sora's feigned innocence was poorly executed.

However, at that moment the jewel was mentioned, Han perceived a sound from outside the door. The subconscious kind of gasp with a sudden abnormal intake of breath.

Not knowing who, Han immediately signaled the room to be quiet and signalled there might be danger outside the door. Maybe Westwood was spying in..
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:08 pm

"Han, there's nothing we CAN do except hold the engagement." Rin replied. "If anything, it's better that we hurry up and do it- it gives us a year to organize our troops, anyways. That's a year better spent than just sitting around and letting Westwood destroy us."

She listened to the conversation about the fake diplomat and her expression changed to one of disgust when Han made a suggestion about Sora's amulet. "Oh wait, what're you...no, no, no way! You're going to pretend that Sora, the Head Healer, is actually a fake diplomat? That's insane! He wouldn't agree to it anyways- right?" She glared at Sora. This day was getting progressively worse.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 pm

During the conversation, Mika had gradually moved closer to the door, entranced by the conversation. Upon hearing Han's mention of the royal jewel, she accidentally released the breeze.

Han heard her gasp of surprise as she frantically grabbed at the breeze.

"Oh hi, Master Han," she said as she reeled the breeze in. "Nice weather we're having today." Come on, can't you say something more witty? You're a noble lady, for the Mother's sake!"

Curiosity overpowered her. "You wouldn't happen to know of Sora's birth, would you? But why do you care about it? Most nobles and persons of high rank wouldn't force another to come out unless it is of dire consequence."

"Silence, Mika," Sora said, drawing himself up. He hated using his royal authority, but nothing less would work on his noble cousin.

He turned to Rin. "I am neither a fake diplomat, nor would I be interested in entering your political games. I would rather work in the sewers. It is... a cleaner job, you could say."
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

"I don't want you to enter my political games. But this is a matter of life and death for many of the people in Fiat. Keep that in mind." Rin scowled at Sora, then whirled on the newcomers.

"You again! What the hell are you doing in my palace?"

"Sorry, Rin." Val said apologetically. "She dragged me in here- I was about to force her to get out, but she didn't look like too much of a threat."

Rin looked between Mika and Sora, drawing the connection immediately. They knew something about each other. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:21 pm

"Agreed, Sora, agreed. Politics is very sordid indeed..." Han responded chuckling.

"But Val," Han continued, "Do you remember that jewel Sora wore when you let us into the gate? Sora here seems to think I imagined it's existance..."

Han had noticed the air with which Sora had spoken to Mika. Could it really be...?
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Mika scowled. She would love to give her cousin a piece of her mind. What was he thinking traveling around with the Crown jewel of Delmar dangling on a chain around his neck. What if it got stolen? Or some person recognized it for what it was and took him as political prisoner?

Sure, he was reported dead, but someone might make the connection like the people before her.

Oh, what a jam her cousin got her into.

"So?" Sora was saying. "As long as they follow any new laws put into place by the new ruler, they'll be okay. My duty is to treat the injured, not save them beforehand."

He stretched lazily.

It was true he hated violence, but he had grown up in a country thick with politics. And he had seen his father handle all insurrections with an iron hand to the black-hearted, a gentle fist to others. His smile was reserved for those closest to him...

A solution lay somewhere, but he wouldn't get more deeply involved than he already was without some benefit to counteract the bad.

Last edited by Kris on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:29 pm

"Sora?" Val looked at the head healer for a moment and then her eyes widened in recognition.

"Oh yeah, there was a jewel...why is that important, though?"
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 pm

"Well, yes," said Han. "I was wandering if I could borrow it. You see, it looks very much like a crown jewel of Delmar, Mika's home country. If we could modify it to look exactly like the picture in one of my books, we could find any random person and claim they are a prince of Delmar. Simple as that."
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Sora and Mika glanced at each other and began laughing.

"Not just anyone can pretend to be a member of the royal of Delmar," Mika said when Sora nodded at her, giving her permission to speak. "The king is rather ruthless and would demand justice from the impostor. Depending on the severity of the crimes committed in the royal image, punishment may run from a long imprisonment to labor to execution. Royal marriage is worthy of execution."

"Not only that," Sora said, "it is said that there is a curse on the jewel. If you try to forge an image, it may result in death."

"Besides, what 'random' person would risk his life for this stunt?" Mika asked.
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Rin buried her head in her hands. What a crappy day...it had started off with random, irritating ladies showing up at the door and now they were discussing the possibility of dressing up a random person for Rin to marry. Jesus Christ...

"Why don't I just get engaged to someone who's actually from Delmar?" Rin suggested. "You're overthinking yourself, gramps."
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 am

"No I'm not. But even if Delmar gets angry. It will be two late. Supposing Delmar sends troops: Since Westwood hold more land than us, if he does a uniform attack on the land. Proportionally, Westwood will suffer more than we will. Delmar do not have time to distinguish Rebel from Legitimate and which side created the impostor," Han paused to take a breath.
"And, Rin, you can't marry ANYBODY from a foreign country, he must be ROYALTY for Westwood to agree. I already said, we can not send any ambassadors out right now. The only other option is to search within Fiat for some royalty tourist, but a search of that scale would surely be noticed," Han said

"Who said I was going to copy YOUR amulet Sora? I'm simply going to use it for inspiration. The actual one I'm going to copy in my BOOKS. Two different amulets, right?" Han continued.

PS. Han does not know Soran and Sora are the same person. Nor does he know Mika and Sora are cousins.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Sora frowned. "Actually, it's all right if she marries somebody of noble birth with strong roots. If royalty could only marry royalty, we'd be seeing a lot more... inbreeding."

At Han's mention of the amulet, Sora said, "Then copy the one in the book. I will not be loaning you my amulet to aid you in copying a national treasure. Let the jewel curse you, not me. This is my mage's tool. I need it to save lives."
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 pm

"Who says there hasn't been inbreeding? But, yes, normally a monarch CAN marry a ordinary peasant, but not now. Westwood would not allow it. Moreover, this is a time of instability. The loyalty of the citizens are as precarious as Rin's throne. No public would want a nobody becoming King. They EXPECT a prince charming," said Han.

"However, if you don't want me the jewel that's, ok. You know, Rin, you COULD just pretend to marry Westwood. Ipsus would come at the engagement celebration. The war would happen, and Westwood would be dead before the actual marriage..." suggested Han.
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm

"Ew." Rin pulled a face. "No effing way. You realize I'd have to kiss him? I might not be able to keep my temper and would probably end up roasting his insides like a dragon." Actually, that might not be a bad idea. But it'd definitely cause political chaos. Which was what they were trying to prevent.

"Uh..." She searched her head wildly for ideas. "Why don't...I could just pretend to marry Sora." She pointed at him. "That's a possibility, isn't it? After all, you're Head Healer, so I wouldn't be getting engaged to a nobody...and that jewel should be enough to convince the public that you're...noble...kind of." Rin shrugged. And how is it that Sora and Mika both know so much about Delmar..? That was enough to fuel her suspicion.

"You two are from Delmar, aren't you?" Rin demanded.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:41 pm

"What the-!" Mika began, but Sora silenced her with a twitch of his hand.

"I'm a stranger here, and I started as a poor apprentice. I doubt your Westwood would approve of this. We both grew up in Delmar. Every child is required to learn the laws," he said. "Besides," he smirked. "I doubt you can pretend to be in love long enough for people to believe it. Don't rush marriage. Nothing good would come of it."

I don't want to get involved in politics again...
Back to top Go down
Han
Gramps
Gramps

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 pm

"Hard to love Rin. I understand," Han replied to Sora with a grin. "You know. That actually would work. I have no objection. We could make up a title for Sora, not problem.... You know, Rin, we would have a bigger pool of people to select from if you were more gentle... sensitive... optimistic... caring... sensitive... or ladylike... instead of forcing this on a foreigner you just met..." he continued.
Back to top Go down
Rin
The Demoness
The Demoness

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Rin rolled her eyes. "So basically, you want me to act like...a dumbass?"

Acting ladylike and gentle was something Rin would never and could never do. To change her nature would be like losing her magical talent; it was like she'd been born with a fire in her heart and there was no way she would willingly put it out. But maybe that's why I can't get Watyr magic down...hmm.

"Well, I'm sorry I'm so unattractive, Han." Rin said sarcastically, putting a hand on her hip. "But Fiat doesn't need a lady, it needs a ruler. So back to business. Sora, why don't you shut up and just-"

At that moment, a noble- Lady Adeline- walked into Rin's office, holding a bill that she wished to converse with the queen about. Rin turned around, but Lady Adeline was already gaping, looking confusedly at Sora.

"I thought there was something odd about you." Lady Adeline said. "You- you're of the Tamaran family from Delmar, aren't you? Prince Soran?"

Lady Adeline was one of the nobles who had been elected by Rinslee's father, and she had had much experience in foreign affairs; she had traveled to Delmar often, and so had seen Sora and Mika before.
Back to top Go down
Kris
The King
The King
Kris

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 pm

"Lady Adeline..." Sora winced. Damn. His cover was blown. He had been hoping she wouldn't recognize him, but he just hadn't changed that much, had he? He had only gotten away without her recognizing him before because his hair had been dark when Rei possessed him.

After she left his body, he had hung around the hospital for the majority of his time and hadn't run into people who knew him.

"How have you been?" he asked.

Mika wasn't happy. How dared that brat suggest marrying herself to Sora? Delmar was a mighty Eastern country, founded by Lord Watyr himself... but the brat couldn't know that, could she?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat RP   Fiat RP - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fiat RP
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next